Saturday, March 14, 2009

Thank God for Family

First things first...tomorrow we will be "off line" to "uninvited" readers. So, if you'd like to continue to keep up on our oh-so-boring life here in Oregon, you'll need to send me your e-mail address so I can add you to the list....

So, on to the point of today's blog. Family.

Last November or December my car died. I mean, completely died. One day it started the next day it didn't. Considering it has nearly 250 thousand miles, I can't complain. But for the last few months I have had to depend on different people to get me back and forth to work. Darren was having to get up early, take me to work, go to work himself and then be off early enough to pick me up. It was interesting trying to orchestrate it all. Sometimes it would end up taking him 2 days to do one days worth of work in order to pick me up in time. The last couple of weeks he hasn't had a lot to do so I've been taking the car. The problem with that is, if someone calls he can't go right away but has to schedule for the next day.

Anyway, Darren had some work to do at his aunt & uncle's house. They called to see when he would be back to finish. He explained the transportation problem. And, bless their hearts, they said we could borrow one of their cars until he has the work at their place complete. HURRAY for family!!

I don't know what we will do after that -- go back to the orchestra, I suppose. It will be awhile before we can get another car with his work being so slow right now. But at least for the next week or so we will both be able to get where we need to go when we need to get there :) Like I said...thank God for family!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map