Monday, March 30, 2009

OK, so I lied...

...not about being too busy, just about not posting anymore. See, I told you I was in a mood :~)

The kids are home safe and sound. I am really happy about that. Overall, they said they had a good time, and I am glad. We were all sort of anxious about the trip so the fact that everything turned out ok really makes me feel better. There were some bumps in the road during the visit, but nothing earth shattering.

I really am not myself when the kids are gone.

While the kids were gone I was able to get Aaron's side of the boy's room cleaned and organized. That is a chore I have been putting off for quite some time. I also got some other much needed housework done. The weather is starting to get nicer so I really want to get the house all taken care of, you know, spring cleaning and all, so that we can spend time outside making things nice to enjoy being out there. There is so much space that we can make it a pleasant place to eat and visit and play. I love the sunshine and being outside!

I am going to buy some planting soil and get some nice flowers to put on the deck and front porch. I think I can keep them alive and pretty. I bought 2 poinsettia plants between Thanksgiving and Christmas and they are both still alive and pretty. I also bought a tea rose in January, and it's also alive and blooming. My thumb must finally be turning a bit green :)

5 comments:

The Lara Family said...

Blogging can be as much for yourself as it is for others. I am bad at keeping a journal, but blogging counts as a journal. You can also upload your blog to a book, which I am planning on doing sometime. That way it can officially count as my journal! If you print it out then someday your kids can enjoy what you've written.

Lory said...

Hey Kathy! Just want to know that I made it to your blog. I think you have done a very nice job with it. Did your degree in Mass Comm help with the design? I should start a blog, too. Maybe that will help me a little with lonliness that creeps in on me. It looks pretty easy.

Anyway, hope you're doing OK. I'm looking forward to reading your next post. Believe it or not, your life is interesting to me...maybe cause you are my friend and I have a pretty strong connection with all your kids. Happy blogging!

Darren and Kate said...

Lory, glad to see you made it! I can't take any credit for the majority of the blog. Darren's sister set it up while we were on our "honeymoon" - in order to post some of the wedding pics they took. I am looking forward to seeing what you create! And thank you for saying my life is interesting :)

Darren and Kate said...

Thank you, Julie for your comment. I just get in moods sometimes. I was very close to my friends and family in Idaho. Moving here has been very hard and very lonely for me. I don't much feel like I connect or fit in with anyone here... you do have a point, though - I'm sure my kids will enjoy remembering the fun stuff that I post here :)

Xoxo Grandma said...

Kate, give the fitting in time, making good friends takes time. I love your blog. It's such a good way to express yourself & leave a legacy too about who you really are and how you think. I'm a firm believer in journaling in whatever form you choose.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map