Saturday, March 21, 2009

Kids...

The kids left yesterday (Friday) morning to spend spring break with their dad. They had mixed feelings about going. They want to go to Idaho to see grampa and sara and any of their friends who may be in town over the break, but they weren't too excited about going with their dad and they were really not looking forward to having to spend time with his girlfriend (they really don't like her much).

Anyway - one would think that having the kids all day every single day, with no breaks and no time for "me" and no time for Darren and I to be together, just the 2 of us, that I'd be more ok with the kids being gone - but I'm not. Since they left on Friday, I feel completely lost. I have no idea what to do with myself.

Today I did some laundry, worked on a blanket I'm making for Patrick, read some more of my book and watched a bunch of Netflix on my computer... pretty exciting stuff, huh?

I do have a bunch of stuff to do. I want to make the boys' room a little nicer for them - I think I may get some stuff to make some shelves for the wall so they have more room. They share a room and it's divided in half with their dressers - and neither of them have much space. If I get really ambitious I may even paint it for them -- but I think I'll work on just getting it cleaned up for them first. Emi needs some help in her room, too. Her closet is all shelves so she can't hang up any of her dresses. So I am going to see if I can get Darren's screw gun and take some of the shelves out so she can put some of her things away better, too.

Yep -- lots to do to keep me busy while the kids are gone. But first, I need to get out of this funk...

I thought things would be different here...I thought I'd be happy -- but really, I just miss home...I hope I can handle being here without the kids for the summer. It's just so lonely...

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map