Monday, November 10, 2008

And the years fly by....

It seems like only yesterday that my mama and I were walking the streets of "Old Town Pocatello", enjoying the, then annual, Cottages & Cranberries festivities. We were there for two reasons; one, because it was a wonderful winter celebration, and two, we were trying to get me to go into labor. We walked nearly everywhere that winter. It was a wonderful, scary, exciting time. Of course, the baby wouldn't come just then. The baby had ideas of it's own.

Finally the day came. I felt the first pains of labor late in the evening on November 23rd. We went to the hospital at around 2am with contractions 3 minutes apart, lasting one minute, on November 24th. I will spare you all the details. The short version is that my very first child, a boy, was born at 7:28pm on November 24th, 1996.

I can't believe that 12 years have gone by. My sweet, tiny baby boy, the one who saved my life, is nearly a teenager. It is a bitter-sweet time. It is so wonderful to see the young man he is becoming. I just wish the time hadn't gone by so quickly. He is changing so rapidly from a "baby" to a "man". I thank God for him (and my other children) every single day.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map