Thursday, July 24, 2008

A whole new Paradise

Well, I think we found a place to live. Not 100% yet, still have a phone call to make to be sure. We also have to find out when the current tenants will be out - we were told not until the end of August. I'm not crazy about that - it really cuts it close for the kids to start school.

Yesterday I got my diploma in the mail. It is "officially" true - I am FINALLY a University graduate! I thought the day would NEVER come!! So many long nights, weekends, and every other spare moment spent studying, doing projects or research, and writing...oh the endless writing! But it is finally over - I have my BA ! Hurray!!

I've sent off a few more applications and resumes. The last two I sent I am very hopeful. So far my problem has been, or so I have been advised, is that I am "over-qualified" -- they are afraid that if they hire me, I'll get bored and move on...pretty crazy, huh? Spend all that time becoming "qualified" and now I'm "over-qualified" --

Not a whole lot else going on right now. Still camping in the in-law's basement, Darren is working hard nearly every day helping to build his dad's new house, Darren's daughter is going to have a baby soon, and I'll get to have my kids back in just a few more weeks. That about sums up the excitement here!

Hope all'ya'all are enjoying your summer!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map