Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Making a new home

Well, I made it to Portland. I told Darren I wasn't coming until Friday, but actually left Thursday afternoon to surprise him. I got in around 10pm local time. It was a long, but pleasant drive.

On Friday afternoon we packed up the car and went up to the mountains camping. We spent the entire weekend up there and it was really nice and relaxing, especially after so much chaos the last few weeks!

I began my job search on Monday. I am "officially" employed with Express Temp service -- they are supposed to be finding me some work in the next day or two, or at least, that is what they said. Today I am off to Job Service to see what they have there.

In my frantic attempt to get "everything" done before I left Idaho, I forgot to do one major task... I changed my address, I changed my name on my drivers license, I renewed my tabs and insurance on the car, I changed my name on my bank account...all of these things and more, but I forgot to get a new Social Security Card! It seems that when you fill out paperwork for a job, they prefer your card matches all your other ID! Silly me!! So, my first stop today will be the Social Security office to make that change. A very busy day!

Finding a job, though, isn't my biggest worry. I know I can get one, there are plenty to be had. I am most worried about finding a place to live. There is a great house next door to Darren's dad, but the guy needs to sell it right away and with me just graduating and all, well, we know we can't buy it on our own...so we have to find a place to rent -- which around here is MUCH easier said than done, especially when you have 3 children, 2 dogs, 2 cats, a turtle and a fish!

So I guess I'd better quit talking about it and hit the bricks. I'll let you know when I land that "perfect job". :^)

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map