Sunday, September 6, 2009

In the past 12 months...

...I have read a lot of books. When I first came to Oregon in late July we were staying at Darren's dad's house in Portland. I didn't want to be in the way, so I stayed in the basement and tried to not be a burden. We didn't have TV reception but we did have a tiny TV and Darren's X-box that we could use for a DVD player. Then when we moved to Salem last August we had no real TV reception. Darren was driving to Portland every day for work and I was hanging out in a one-room loft while we were waiting for the house we were moving into to be ready. During those few weeks (in Portland & Salem) I was getting burned out on movies (we watched them almost every night when Darren got home), so I read. Then, at Christmas, Darren bought me some more books.

When the kids aren't here I can plow through books, reading a novel in just 2 or 3 days, at most. I get bored with no friends or family here so I don't really know what to do with myself when they aren't around. When they are home, I still read, but usually only at bed time. Then, it takes me about a week or so.

Just for fun, here are the books I've read since Mid-July, 2008; in no particular order:
( I have probably read more, but these are the ones I can remember)


By Sherrie Lord
2 Christian Romance Novels

They were very easy and fun to read and can be found online at:

http://www.sherrielord.com
By Anita Diamant
Biblical Historical Fiction


I read this book over Christmas Break, while my kids were in Idaho visiting their dad. It was a little slow in the beginning, while they were laying down the foundation, but over all, I enjoyed it.

I left it at my aunt & uncle's house out at the coast. I hope she doesn't give it away. It's one that I would like to read again.




By Nicholas Sparks
(I read all of these books during the 3 weeks I was in Idaho at the end of June - I also watched a couple of the movies while I was in Idaho -- as usual, the books were MUCH better.)



At First Sight




Message in a Bottle



Dear John





The Choice







The Lucky One



The Notebook




The Wedding






By Robin Cook



Harmful Intent







By Janet Evanovich




One For the Money

This one Darren bought for me. He said he'd read it a long, long time ago. He thought I might like it...




By Peter Straub




Mystery






The rest of the books I've read have all been by Dean Koontz. I won't bother with covers because there have been too many. So, I will just list them.

Fear Nothing
The Darkest Evening of the year
The Good Guy
Brother Odd
Twilight Eyes
Shadow Fires
Tick Tock
Forever Odd
The Funhouse
Hideaway
Odd Hours
Phantoms
Demon Seed
Watchers
Darkfall
The Husband
By the Light of the Moon
The Eyes of Darkness
The Face of Fear

How many more can I read by Christmas? Hhhmmmm..... :0)

5 comments:

Xoxo Grandma said...

I love to read too. I just finished "Left to Tell" Go to your library and check it out...it's a true story & so interesting. Also read "The Help" ... maybe you could join a book club? Your local library might have info on one. I belong to one & it's a great place to meet people. I just finished "The Illuminator" on Sunday. It's a historical fiction that takes place around the time the Bible is being written from Latin into English. LOVE TO READ TO.

Xoxo Grandma said...

I ment too! oops

Darren and Kate said...

Joy - thanks for the book suggestions. I will certainly do that. The library here is CRAZY! We live outside of "city proper" so I can only check out 1 book at a time. The kids, however, can check out 25 books EACH from the children and young adult sections.

Sherrie Lord said...

Hey Kate,
I'm humbled by your faithful support of my books, my work, and me. You are so precious; I remember we got along right from the start.

I'm so happy to see you happy. You deserve it, kiddo.

Thanks again!

Hugs, Sherrie ;-}

Darren and Kate said...

Sherrie,
You are an amazing, woman, friend and author! I am so blessed to call you and Harry friends. I do hope that you will be able to have some time to visit next time you are in my new neck of the woods :)
Be safe and thank you!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map