Monday, September 21, 2009

How did we ever...

... live without cell phones?

Well, me, myself, I can take it or leave it. Mostly. I still have a land-line. I'm not ready for that break up. I do like my cell phone. It is certainly a convenience. But...

... Before cell phones I knew ALL of my family and friends' phone numbers. By heart. Now, well, not so much. Normally that wouldn't be such a big deal, but today my phone died. Completely. I had about 30 or so WONDERFUL pictures on it, and, of course, my entire phone book, complete with e-mail addresses, fax, cell and land-line numbers. Now they are gone. All gone.

I should have expected it. You know, with Murphy's Law and all. I've been getting messages from Verizon for months telling me that it was time for my "New every two" upgrade. I've been ignoring it because I was happy with my pretty pink razor with the pretty pink car charger, and pretty pink carry case purse looking thing and pretty pink cover all to match. Like the saying goes, "If it 'ain't broke, don't fix it." Well, now it's broke and I can't fix it, either.

Now I have a maroon LG something-or-other with way too many bells and whistles. I mean, what ever happened to a phone just simply being a phone? It has a camera, mp3 capability (whatever in the world that means), and a qwerty key board. Like I ever text. I much prefer to actually talk to live people and I really don't even like it when people text me. Call me, let me hear your voice, stop by and visit, let me see your face. I like things up-close-and-personal. Just like in those much famed good-ol'-days! I am most certainly an "old school" kind of girl, as I think I'd mentioned in a previous blog. :)

The point is, I suppose, if you are reading this and you'd like me to call you sometime, you're gonna' have to send me a message or give me a call.

I've kept my number, but baby, I ain't got yours.

1 comment:

Xoxo Grandma said...

Wow, can I relate...I love this post! Right before Christmas last year, I dropped my cell & the flip side went flying off...broke right in half. No phone numbers for a while. I hate texting too, I'd rather talk to family & friends. Good luck.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map