Sunday, May 17, 2009

These are the voyages...

As I said a few days ago; Darren and I went to see Star Trek. It was really good. I don't know if it will win any awards or anything. It was just a plain "good" movie. It's PG-13 and I'm not quite sure why. I am usually very, very, very picky about what my kids watch. I freaked out when Patrick was in kindergarten and the teacher showed Ice Age (rated PG). I hadn't seen it yet and I about popped a vein when he told me they watched it. (The parents had only been told that the kids were going to have a "movie day", not what movie was going to be shown). Anyway, the point is; I plan to take Patrick to see Star Trek. And Emi, too, if she wants to go.

Living in Pocatello for so long really spoiled me. If you wanted to go to the movies, you went, bought your ticket, proceeded inside and watched the movie. Usually there were no long lines where you had to wait a tremendous amount of time, and I don't think anything was ever "sold out". So, when we went to see this Star Trek, I was in for an unexpected education. When we got there, there was no line, because, you guessed it, the movie was sold out. Soooo...we went ahead and bought our ticket ahead of time (who knew you could do THAT??) and then had about 45 minutes to kill. We went over to Arby's and got a "regular" and a chocolate mocha shake (didn't know they had those... I REALLY need to get out more often!) Then we went back to the theatre, parked the car, listened to some music and ate our snack.

After the show, we went home to find everything peacefully in tact, just as we'd left it. I have to admit, I was a bit aprehensive. We'd never left all 3 kids home alone for that long. Which ended up being about an hour longer than we had planned due to the "sold out" show. Anyway, the kids did not kill one another and the house wasn't burned down. All in all, I'd have to say it was a pretty good day.

1 comment:

Lory said...

You can actually buy tix ahead of time here in Poky, too. You just never have to unless it's a Harry Potter movie. I never thought about being spoiled by living in Poky, but I guess I am! LOL!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map