Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day and stuff

This post will start with events from Friday, May 8th.

While at work I received the following surprise gift from a dear sweet friend. The biggest surprise is that it was delivered to my work. I'd never received such a lovely gift - most especially for Mother's Day.

Next, when I got home, there was a box waiting for me. Inside was this,

from my most wonderful, sweet, firstborn niece. She is the best!

After that, my husband came in and said, "Did you see what I got you?" And this

was sitting on the piano.

Friday was a very sweet-smelling day! :) I am feeling very happy.


I decided that on Saturday I'd have Darren's family over for a surprise birthday party for him. He's been feeling badly for the last several weeks. Today (May 10) is the first anniversary of his mom's death. With it being on Mother's Day, makes it just that much harder. Anyway, I decided a family bbq might help everyone feel a little bit better. So, that's what we did. I didn't get to visit much, because, true to my royal lineage (The Queen of Procrastination) I didn't have everything ready when everyone began to arrive. I ended up spending most of my time still in the kitchen while the festivities commenced. :) (I'm not complaining, mind you, just providing that information.)

Anyway, it seems everyone had a nice time. The food was good and the visit was nice. It was our first time really having "company" over. I only got 1 picture. (again - being inside and all) but I think Darren got a few from later in the day. I'll see if I can find them and post them.

So, now on to today. I was awakened at about 8am. My oldest son, Patrick, brought me breakfast in bed. He had made some toast and a scrambled egg. He also cut up a banana and put maraschino cherries, maraschino cherry juice, chocolate sauce & caramel syrup on top. (yummy??) Emi made me a couple of coupons to do sweet things for me and a little card.

We, the kids and I, went to church together. All in all, it was a pleasant morning.

Later today, Darren is going to take me to see the new Star Trek movie. Well, actually, he is more "going with me" than taking me. I told him when I very first saw the trailer that I was going, with or without him, so.... ;0)

To all the dear Mothers out there - I wish you a day where you are truly shown how much you are appreciated for all the mothering you do.

2 comments:

Joshua and Joy said...

Great work to Darren for picking out the orchid. Orchid are my favorite flower...it's beautiful! And breakfast in bed must have been nice too. Thanks for dinner! It was really yummy and we did have fun!

Darren and Kate said...

Thank you, Joy. It was nice to have people over. I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Yes, Darren "did good" :) I was most surprised by him. I don't think he's ever gotten me flowers before, so these are extra special.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map