Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bugs in Paradise



Before we had even nailed down our new housing arrangements I found a job, or rather, a job found me. I will fill you in about my job in greater detail in a future post. For now, very basically, let's just say I work at a private school in Salem.

Last week I found out that one of my duties consisted of "disease prevention", since I've had some limited experience in that area in the past. "Hhhhmmmm..... interesting", you might say. Well, actually, not so much! For those of you who have never had the "Lice Experience", you are sure missing out on some GREAT FUN!!

I had to check the heads of the entire student body. What an adventure! No one knows where they come from and no one knows how they arrive, but we had 2 unrelated students with bug eggs (nits) hitching a ride on their scalps.

The children have been treated and the passengers have gone to "Lice Heaven". But you know, I still just can't quit itching!

2 comments:

The Lara Family said...

It sounds like you had a fun time! I guess someone has to do it though. I have to tell myself that everytime I have to clean up poop or vomit at the hospital!

Darren and Kate said...

Oh, you have no idea how much fun! ha ha ha
At least poop & vomit can simply be washed off -- I am SO paranoid that I'm gonna get the creepy-crawlies, myself! It does take something special to work in a hospital, though! I know I couldn't do it...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map