Monday, June 30, 2008

Sultry Paradise

WOW!! For those of you who may not know, southeastern Idaho is classified as "high desert". We do have trees and forests, don't get me wrong, but we also have our fair share of lava fields, sage and rattle snakes that thrive in the hot, dry summers. Our nights can be cold and the winters, because of the elevation, even colder. I welcome the summer with open arms. I love to feel the sunshine on my skin, swim in the nearby lakes and reservoirs and camp out at every opportunity. This winter, however, seemed to go on for ever. We had snow clear into late May and in the surrounding mountains, even into June. Now, like I said, I'm not one to complain about summer, but it sure would have been nice to see a bit of the spring weather. We jumped right from literally freezing cold to over 90 degrees. It sure takes your breath away!

I have been working hard to get our house all packed up so I can join my fantabulous husband in Oregon. But, I must admit, it has been slow-going. This heat just drains the energy. Even at night, right now, it is 11pm and still 87 degrees out...I do love the summer, but I sure would have liked to visit with "spring" for a few days...maybe next year :)

Hope you all are finding enjoyable ways to stay cool. For me, I let the sweat pour from skin then stand in front of the little box fan...

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map