Monday, June 9, 2008

Our Wedding Ceremony

Once upon a time at Beverly Beach, Oregon...A man, her children, niece and clergy waited for the bride.
Her father brought her to them...
but did not want to let her go.
but because he knew the girl loved the man, he did let her go and so the story begins...
"Good afternoon and welcome all to the celebration of marriage for Katherine McNeil and Darren Thatcher. Katherine and Darren, today you are surrounded by your family and friends. They are here to offer you their love an support at this wonderful time and share in the happiness of this day. And at the same time, Patrick, Emileigh and Aaron are here affirming the love between them and their mother and affirming their acceptance of Darren into their lives as advisor, parental guide and friend. By joining together in this ceremony of love, all five are saying yes to love, yes to caring and yes to the formation of this family.
The covenant of marriage is one that can be entered into only by persons who are both legally and spiritually free to offer themselve to one another. This celebration is an outward expression of a sacred and inward union of hearts, which th echurch may bless and the state make legal, but neither can create or annul because this union is created by the loving purpose and kept by the abiding will of Darren, Katherine, Patrick, Emileigh and Aaron as they begin their new life today.Darren, please consider these questions and give me your answer when I ask for it. Do you come here of your free will and with a conscious desire to be united in marriage with Katherine? Do you come here in the presence of these witnesses to declare your commitment to Katherine and choose her as the one with whom you wish to spend your life? Will you honor her, love and respect her, comfort her and keep her? In good times an din bad, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, all the days of your life? And do you willingly assume the role of advisor, parental guide and friend to Patrick, Emileigh and Aaron, preserving the unity of family love with all sincerity and affection? If you agree with these questions, please answer "I do". -- and he says "I do!"Katherine, please consider these questions adn give me your answer when I ask for it. Do you come here of your free will and with a conscious desire to be united in marriage with Darren? Do you come here in the presence of these witnesses declare your commitment to Darren and choose him as the one with whom you wish to spend your life? Will you honor him, love and respect him, comfort him and keep him? In good time and in bad, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, all the days of your life? Will you respect and uphold his role as advisor, parental guide and friend for Patrick, Emileigh and Aaron, preserving the unity of family love with all sincerity and affection? If you agree with these questions, please answer "I do". -- and she says "I do!"
Patrick, Emileigh and Aaron will you accept and respect the love that you mother and Darren have for you and each other? Will you honor and respect them and always be honest with them? Do you promise to not have water fights or snowball fights in the house, unless the parents start it first? If you accept these questions, please each answer "I do". -- and the children say "I do!"
With the willingness of the children to form this family, and to show theri love and respect for each child, Katherine and Darren have a special gift for Patrick, Emileigh and Aaron.
"I Darren, take you Katherine, to be my wife. I promise to love you, to remain honest and faithful to you, to be available for you when you are in pain or grief, and when you are filled with happiness. I promise to challenge you always, to support and nurture you, and to be receptive to the gift of your love. I love you with all of my heart adn I will love you for the rest of my life".
I Katherine, take you Darren to be my husband. Hold onto me and I will hold on to you. Through anything and everything life brings our way. Bring me your worries and I'll listen with my heart. Tell me what you need and I will do my best to give it to you. Love me, even when it isn't easy, adn I promise to do the same for you, for the rest of my life."
The vows which have been exchanged by Darren adn Katherine have been offered in our hearing. The wedding ring become an enduring symbol of promises which have been made. Just as teh rings have no beginning and no end they symbolize the unending love of Darren and Katherine. A circle is strong standing and you all, family and friends, stand in a circle of love and support to Darren, Katherine, Patrick, Emileigh and Aaron.
The circle of these bands will always remind them of the never-ending strength, love and support they give to eacho other and receive from you.
"With this ring, I take you as my friend and my love, beside me and apart from me, in laughter and tears, loving you for who you are. As a symbol of my love for you and my commitment to you throughout our lives, I give you this ring in the spirit of sacred matrimony."
"With this ring, I take you as my friend and my love, beside me and apart from me, in laughter and tears, loving you for who you are. As a symbol of my love for you and my commitment to you throughout our lives, I give you this ring in the spirit of scred matrimony."

In consideration of the events which we have gathered today to witness, including the commitment of the children to be a strong partof this union, the exchange of vows between Darren and Katherine adn their willingness to share life in faithfulness to one another and their world, I declare to you that they are husband and wife. May their marriage be blessed by their higher spirit adn te guardians sent to watch over all of us. Darren, your favorite part, you may kiss your bride!
Let us now join in blessing Darren and Katherine in the continuing of their lives together and celebrate this newly-formed family. We recognize that the presence of spirit within them enables them to fulfill the promise of true partnership in life. We know and affirm that they live in joy and in love.
May the blessing of life, the joy of love, the peace of truth, the wisdom and strength of spirit, be your constant companions, now and always. Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my honor to present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Darren Thatcher!









No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map