Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our little corner of Paradise

First I need to say "Thank you!" to my new sister-in-law, Joy. She created this site for Darren and me.

So, Darren and I have been married for 2 weeks now and although I am thrilled to be his wife, I'd have to say that this last week has been absolutely TERRIBLE!!

We had a lovely honeymoon! Sunday, after we "checked out" of the campground we drove up to Lincoln City and drove around a little bit. Then we headed up to Darren's uncle Karl's cabin. We visited there a little bit and took a 4-wheeler ride. For Darren it was a blast, for me, not so much :) Part of the trail was a little scary for me. I'm not very experienced when it comes to 4-wheelers and snowmobiles but I am learning. When the trails weren't so rough and I felt safe enough to un-bury my face from Darren's back, it was beautiful! We rode up into the national forest and found a couple different nice places to park. Darren had brought his custom made pellet gun and we took turns shooting at targets. It was really fun. And the views were breath-taking.

After that we headed back to Lincoln City to find a hotel for the night. We found a really quaint place next to the beach. It had begun to rain, so we had our picnic dinner inside and looked out the sliding glass doors to enjoy the ocean. Sea gulls observed our meal and came to the window begging, so we threw them a few crackers. They were fun to watch! Later, the weather got a little more pleasant, so we went down to the beach to explore the tide pools. We found some nice shells, caught a few hermit crabs and enjoyed the wondrous beauty of it all. For our final outing of the evening, we went to a little pub and sang karoke. Darren, of course, sang wonderfully. Me, well, I think I get a gold star for effort! It was a perfect day.

Monday morning we went up to the cabin and spent a couple of relaxing days there. When it wasn't raining we took another ride on the 4-wheelers. This time I rode by myself. It was a little daunting for Darren, I think, but I enjoyed it. He challenged my skills a bit, but I stuck with it and did ok. I really enjoy learning and doing new things with Darren!!

Wednesday we were on our way back to Portland and on Friday morning, I left, alone, to return to Idaho. There is lots of packing and such to get done here. Darren will come to Idaho in a couple more weeks, I hope, to get our things. Then we'll continue our great adventure! HURRAY!!

So, when I say my second week of marriage hasn't been that great, well.... can you blame me? ;^)

2 comments:

Joshua and Joy said...

Kate, you're being too kind. You're welcome anyway. It will be nice when you're back.

Joshua and Joy said...

Did I ever tell you that Joshua and I had only 2 days together, after we got married, before I had to go back to Oregon for a month. I was busy working and packing during that time. So I can sympathize with you. I've been there too.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map