Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Patience is not my virtue

Wow! I can't believe that Darren and I have been together for over six years now, and married for two. It's crazy how sometimes life seems to just fly so quickly in some ways and yet crawl like a snail in others. Darren and I have been through so much together that it feels like we've already lived a lifetime together. I have a difficult time remembering what it was like before he came into my life. Then there are those days when things feel so fresh and new, like we just met. Time is so very fickle in it's presentation.

My wonderful niece is about to have a baby...any day...her due date is today but baby is not cooperating. In this case, time is not being very kind. You see, I am on a bit of a schedule. I really can't take a ton of time off of work, so I am very anxious for this baby to come. Don't get me wrong, I will stay until baby comes, it's just I want to be able to spend as much time with baby and helping her as I can. Also, I can't wait to just be there for her, to share the experience of becoming a mother with her, to see her face when she sees her very own child for the first time, when she holds her precious gift close to her heart, the same way her mother held her. I also, selfishly, can't wait to hold this child, myself. This new life in our family, this new gift of joy.

I know babies come when babies are ready. I know it won't "stay inside" forever. But just as it seems the six years since I met my husband have flown by like a dream, it seems this baby is enjoying making us wait. And, as I said in the beginning, patience is not my virtue.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map