Friday, August 15, 2008

things that make you say "hhhmmmm"

I have an "e-friend" that I have been receiving newsletters from for about 5 or 6 years. He is trying to build a youth ranch and youth "support center" type thing in the Boise area. The scope of his efforts revolve around a youth ranch and shelter for foster children, troubled youth, a shelter for unwed mothers and other young people in need of spiritual guidance and help - along with a prayer center for church retreats, individuals and groups in need of a place to have solitude and prayer with our Saviour.

Anyway - as I was reading his latest newsletter something in it really hit home with me regarding current life situations -- I will paste the entire quote below:

"When God gives us something we like/want, what should our response be? In thinking about the new house that we want to buy, I had to think about how we could use that house for ministry. God simply doesn't give us material possessions so that we can be selfish with them. He expects us to share, and to use them to minister to others, especially those in need. So first I had to consider whether or not we have been ministering to the people around us, right here, right now, in spite of how cramped this house is. And I had to learn to be thankful for it too. In fact, we didn't find the new house until after I finally told God that I would stay in this house for however long He wanted, if that meant He had a ministry here for us to do."

Like the title of this blog...... "things that make you say "hhhmmmm....""

....If anyone is interested in information about this wonderful program - let me know and I can send you ranch information and/or have you put on the newsletter mailing list....

God's blessings to you all.....

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map