Saturday, August 15, 2009

It was 1980-something


when the 4 of us met. It was our first year out of elementary school. We were in the 7th grade at Mt. View Jr. High School.












Over the years we moved around. 1987 found us graduating; one from John R. Rogers High School, one from Deer Park High School and the other two from East Valley High School. Two of us went to Spokane Falls College together for a little over a year, then one moved away, then the other. By 2000 something the four of us had not heard from one or another in a few years. There were boyfriends, marriages, babies and breakups over time. We all grew up and created our lives, some found a path and stayed on it, some changed paths and yet another is still looking to find the way.





Then, one day the stars all aligned perfectly and the 4 of us were able to be in the same place at the same time. So, on July 26, 2009, we all got together and had a slumber-birthday party. We had such a fantastic time!

It is such a tremendous blessing to still be such close friends with the girls I met when I was 12 years old. All 3 of them are a blessing in my life. I am proud to know them and even more proud to call them friends!

Here's to us - Mt. View Jr. High School Lancers - Class of 1984!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are AWESOME!!!! I am too honored to call you my friend. We have had our ups and downs but have been able to pull through the tough times to only make the bond stronger and tougher to break. It's hard to believe that it's been 20 something years, but I look forward to the next 20 something years. I love you tons, my friend.:)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map