Friday, January 16, 2009

When will it stop???

I have been debating and thinking and debating some more about making this post. I finally decided that it can't hurt anymore than it already does...so here it goes.

We found out recently that my dad has cancer. I spoke with the nurse who was present at the appointment and with the doctor when my dad was given the news. She said that it "really isn't that bad" and that "it was caught in plenty of time" and that "he will be fine". It doesn't make me feel any better.

I am asking for prayers for him - that the nurse is correct and that he will, indeed, be fine. He goes in at the end of the month for an out-patient surgery where they will remove the tumor. They will send it to be examined and then we will know more.

2 comments:

The Lara Family said...

I'm sorry about your dad Kate. I will remember your dad in my prayers. I remember how scared I was when I found out my dad had prostate cancer, but it has all worked out well and he is fine now.

Xoxo Grandma said...

Kate, I will add your father to my prayers too. I'm glad you decided to share...I remember when I was told that I had to have some cancer removed from my face; I was really nervous but it all turned out. Trust in the Lord, have faith and remember he is in charge. Lots of love.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map